(There is NO CHARGE for exibiting your vehicle, but a donation to Rotary would be appreciated! )
If you have more than one vehicle to exhibit, please submit a separate form for each vehicle.
Online registrations have now closed,
but you can still enter on the day at Tolosa Park.
Here’s some information for entrants:
Rotary Club of Moonah
Festival of Wheels,
Tolosa Park, Glenorchy.
Sunday, November 6
This is Moonah rotary’s first “Festival Of Wheels”. If all goes well, we hope to make this an annual event
Here is some more information about the event, and what will happen on the day.
- The event commences at 11am with the park gates opening at 10.30am.
- As you arrive through the gates, a marshall will direct you to the access point on the oval.
- At the access point there will be an official who will tick your name off on the register and give you a sticker with a number on it.
- You will also be given a coloured sticker which designates the category of your vehicle.
- Both stickers should be affixed to your windscreen or, another prominent point if you have no windscreen (eg some motorcycles).
- A marshall on the oval will direct you to a parking space.
- JUDGING: A professional judge will examine your vehicle, and award prizes for each category.
- PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD: Members of the public can purchase flags which they can place in front of the vehicles that they like.
Cost of these is $2 each, or 6 for $10.
(As this is our main fundraiser for the event, we encourage you to get your friends and family to purchase flags so that they can vote for your car)
The vehicle with the most flags will be the winner.
- Your entry number automatically qualifies you for entry into a ‘lucky gate’ prize generously donated by Phil Burdon of Bob Jane T Mart in Hobart (total value of prizes in excess of $400).
The prizes will be drawn around 2pm after the presentation of trophies. Winners of lucky gate prizes will have to be present to collect their winnings otherwise prizes will be redrawn.
As you will be aware, we have had a considerable amount of rain recently, and cars will not be permitted on boggy areas.
These will be marked off and marshalls have been asked to point out these areas to avoid. Please abide by their instructions.
Please do NOT spin your wheels on the grass. – we don’t want to upset the Glenorchy City Council who have been very supportive, we DO want to hold the event at Tolosa Park again and we don’t want the other drivers to think you’re not very bright.
The oval may be slippery but we are confident this will not be an issue for experienced and responsible drivers.
If you do get stuck and cannot move, please contact one of the marshalls who will organise a tow vehicle for you.
Beyond that, keep your fingers crossed for good weather and I look forward to seeing you and your vehicles all there for what is undoubtedly an extremely good cause!
Wal van Schie
Events, Rotary Club of Moonah
Contact: ph. 0438 346 426